Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop freezes and I can't do anything to preven it for happening

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jcrr1985

jcrr1985

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

Hi guys, I'm experiencing a very weird problem. My laptop always worked well and it suddenly started to freeze.

I decided to format it. and then, after a format and a clean instalation of windows 7, it worked well around 30 minutes, and it started to freeze again, so bad that it event doesn't react to start button clicks. it freezes as soon as it loads windows so I can't execute any trouble finder program or any antivirus deep scan.

What do you guys think can be happening with this machine, and how can I return it to it's former good state?

My laptop is a Siragon, running Windows 7 64 bits, it has 4GB of RAM.

I'd appreciate a lot any suggestion. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

Are you able to boot into Windows Safe Mode?

If yes try running chkdsk in safe mode. See here for how to do this (the safe mode chkdsk instuction is about half way down the page)

http://www.wikihow.com/Run-a-Chkdsk-Function

#3 jcrr1985

jcrr1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

thanks for replying, Opera, I'm going to try it... I'll let you know the result of performing chkdsk, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users