Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temporary profile

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Evik

Evik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:44 AM

Hello all!
So the past few days I have been dealing with wibdows starting up in a temporary profile... Usually what I do is I go to regedit and rename the temp profile, and delete the .bak from the actual profile name,then i reboot my pc. Usually this works after a couple of tries.

I tried fixing files with the windows tools, it didnt work. I also tried the system recovery tool, and it said it couldnt be completed due to an unknown error.

What could be the reason for sudden temp profile logons? Its really annoying and time consuming, having to do the startup process two or three times (i have an older pc).

Thanks for any tips!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:11 AM

If you select to log off from that temp profile you should be then be able to login in to your ordinary one.

Look in Windows Event viewer under Applications and see if you have any user profile errors (sometimes listed under event id 1530) and double click to see what, if anything, may be holding onto your real profile and stopping it loading after boot.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

IME...Windows loads a temporary profile when the regular profile is corrupt or otherwise unable to be used/accessed.

https://kb.uwplatt.edu/page.php?id=33215

Fix Corrupt User Profile

Louis

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

Create another Administrator user account and see if this works.  If it does, delete the problematic user account.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 rnunojoao

rnunojoao

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

Happened the same to me today and had a few problems honestly...

Try this http://www.get-itsolutions.com/windows-temporary-profile-error-solutions/ or use shadow copies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users