Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with newly installed windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 striker93

striker93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

Okay so i will try to explain this as well as i can, i currently have two issues with my pc after a fresh install from a windows 7 disk that i brought from a computer shop. 

The first one is with the internet, when i first installed the OS it told me i had to download a driver just to connect to the web, this i did and do currently have a web connection but it only works when the connection is direct "via enet cable" i have a wireless adapter that plugs into my motherboard but even after the driver install to connect to the web it refuses to pick up any net works so i cant use my pc wirelessly.

My second issue is with my audio "this is my main one" my audio doesn't seem to work i have only installed the drivers for my audio that are for my motherboard "an asus rock pro p67". i have 3 audio out puts on my pc one on my main pc screen "no mic port though" one on my front pc "both mic and audio dont work" and my back jacks which all work and i need to get working correctly, as it stands now the only audio i can get is from my e2290 screen "hdmi" but i need it to come from either my speakers "what usually is what works and uses the back jacks" and some new audio out put i have never heard of called "digital audio s/pdif" which says it uses rear panel combo jack,. No matter what i do the pc will not put audio out from the rear jacks, i prioritize and set my speakers to be the default audio but that doesn't work, updated all drivers ect ect yet nothing seems to work and i have no idea what to do, i know the way i put that probably could have been more well described but as i have no idea what the issue is im kinda stuck with what to say. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:31 AM

Hi,

In regards to the wireless issue does the adapter scan for networks and is it the latest driver for the device?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

It your wifi adapter installed via a USB port or is this dedicated card?

If this is a USB wifi adapter open the Device Manager, click on Action, then select Scan for hardware changes.  If the USB port has shut down this will force it to restart.

Have you opened the Control Panel to select Network and Sharing Center to see if a wifi connection has been enabled?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Luxi_Terna

Luxi_Terna

• Banned Spammer
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

go to ctl panel, sounds, and set the default playback device to "speakers" instead of HDMI. And in the advanced tab, unselect the choice about exclusive use.

Edited by hamluis, 31 December 2016 - 09:55 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users