Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Being spammed by Softlayer Technologies Inc and E.I. Du Pont De Numours & Co.,

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jabbanabba

jabbanabba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

So I had a torrent client opened on the computer just goofing off for about half an hour with peer block on and these two companies : Softlayer Technologies Inc and E.I. Du Pont De Numours & Co., Inc. but mostly the Softlayer Technologies Inc have been spamming trying to get something into the pc twice every second as recorded by peer block. Than I had the thought to   reformat the hard drive and re install windows as a way to fix this problem ( did not erase hard drive ) just reformat and fresh install windows 7 64 bit. Even after all that The Spam still Continues!

Now Before the torrent client incident was ever started I would run peerblock normally as a safety precaution when doing personal and private things and these two companies would NOT show up on the peerblock records.

Something is fishy here and am not an expert to know enough of what is going on. This has been happening now for the last month at least. I do not trust these companies softlayer, and the other one , do not want any virus or malware. Also the computer does NOT have to be browsing the internet to have it happen. Last night we left the computer running with peerblock and the continued softlayer spam kept coming in.

Evidence.

kU85AxY.png

Edited by jabbanabba, 10 December 2016 - 07:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users