Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Fails to Boot Anything, Even Windows 7 Setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MissFangs

MissFangs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

I recently upgraded my PC from an AMD board & CPU to a Skylake system. The specs are as follows...

CPU: i7 6700k
MB: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3x
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

SSD: Corsair 525GB MX300 (and a 1TB seagate hybrid drive)

PSU: EVGA Supernova NEX 650w

RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB Vengeance LPX 

Problem: My hard drive, being leftover from the other computer, still has Windows 7 on it (which won't boot because of the old drivers). This shouldn't be a problem though, as I want to install a fresh copy of Windows on my SSD. However, every time I try to launch the windows 7 setup (either in the form of a bootable USB or a bootable CD) it crashes after "Windows is Loading Files", around the time the four dots come together on the starting windows page. No crash message, just a sudden shutdown.  

I've tried to:
Boot with one Ram Stick
Boot with XMP turned on
Boot with integrated graphics
Boot setup in safe mode (which worked, but it can't complete the installation in safe mode and it won't boot outside of it)
Format my SSD to GPT
Boot old HDD in safe mode (which does work, but only for about a minute until it freezes and becomes inoperable)
Install the latest version of BIOS on my MB

I'm at a bit of a loss... Not sure if this is hardware or software related; in fact, I have not the slightest clue what this is related to at all. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

Start with this procedure:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Move through the procedure step-by-step and keep track of what you've done.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users