I'm searching for something I don't find the right answer for.
I do realize that the solution will not be easy, but I don't mind if it eats time and effort.
If the result is a foolproof network as in my mind, I and the rest of the family would be more than happy.
- 4 PC's, 4 users
- All users use all 4 PC's
- Files and documents used to be out of sync (making use of onedrive gave me a solution for this)
- Frustration of wife and kids because of all the hassle (logging on a different PC and not be able of using the same files or software without tweaking).
- 2 PC's both Windows 10 Pro
- 2 Laptops both Windows 10
- 1 Cable router/WiFi accesspoint
What I want:
I'm searching for something that, I guess, is only used in businessworld: "Directory services".
I would like to make this possible:
All users can login to their own account on any of the 4 computers.
All users see their own desktop environment.
All users can make use of there applications on any of the 4 computers.
Only 1 admin can have access to all harddrives (folders,...), only their files and folders are accessible for them.
What would it take to make this happen/possible?
Extra hardware, OS, server, VM, VBox, ...?
Benefits or drawbacks?