Hello all, so I have quite big and annoying problem.Firstly my PC specs are: CPU: i3-3220 , GPU: GTX 1050 2Gb , RAM: 8Gb , HDD: 1. 250Gb(7.2K RPM) 2. 1Tb(7.2K RPM) , OS: windows 10 , also my MB model is MSI H61MA-E35(B3).Secondly I only get this problem with GTA V, other games runs fine.So the problem is - when I play GTA V from 30mins to 1h , sometimes longer, I get my PC freeze, it won't shutdown or reboot but just freeze and I can wait hours and it won't unfreeze, so then I restarting my PC and the funny part is that when I restart it , it won't boot to windows, it only shows MSI logo and then black screen with a white dash in left corner.Then I just shutdown it and after 10-30minutes it works again...Here is what I already done and some more info:
1. I changed GPU from GTX 550 Ti to GTX 1050 2gb but mainly because my 550 ti was very old and can't handly any new games.So I guess GPU can't cause this problem, because I get this problem even with and old GTX 550 Ti and new GTX 1050.
2. I have checked my HDD's with diagnostics tools from WD and Seagate and they were fine( I already discussed about then in other forums.)
3. Also I checked RAM with windows memory diagnostics and some other programs and also no problems ( anyway I will check then with memtest86 because I forgot this program :D )
4. My temps are also fine I think, when I play GTA V my CPU is around 50°C, GPU 50-60°C and HDD's 30-31°C.
5. And finally my own guess would be PSU or motherboard, because my PSU is "no name" 420W :D and I know that I should change it and I will anyway but firstly I want to diagnose what causing this problem and also about the motherboard can it cause this problem? I only mentioned motherboard because abouth month ago when I get same pc freeze and I restart it, it just says that can't find any device(HDD) so I tryed changing from one SATA3 port to another but still got same error and then I changed to SATA2 and then It worked and now I don't get errors about not found device but now like I said before( black screen, white dash in left corner) PC won't boot to windows after that freeze(my HDD'S are fine because one of them I used in my second pc and I worked good and another I bought year ago and hadn't had any problems except with GTA V).
Also I want to say that when I install clean windows, my PC works really good, I reinstalled them week ago and when I installed GTA V and played for about 1h, I got this freeze and now I feel that my PC are running quite slow , if I don't play GTA for few days it starts working good again, I know it's funny and strange...
Anyway I will get a good PSU but before that I just wanna know maybe someone already had same problem.
Edited by Tomka58, 10 December 2016 - 05:05 AM.