Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freeze , hangs and video goes black/brown screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soyelyuki

soyelyuki

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

hello guys

i have this issue for a long time and i hope you can help me . 

my pc runs perfectly fine with some games and completely bleepty with others  .    for instance , in TERA   and starcraft 2 sometimes the screen goes black and sometimes brown . other times it can freeze the  complete OS .  

i have reinstalled drivers  ,  formated the windows ,   underclock it ,  put higher values under cpu   , tweek the  VGA  and nothing .  the issue still persist  .

with other games  like thw witcher 3 and world of warcraft nothing happens and the complete experience is wonderfull   .  

· OS - Windows 10
·  x64 
· What was original installed OS on system? nothing 
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? full retailed 
· Age of system (hardware) 2 years cpu , 1 year vga 
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? like 3 months ago 

· CPU Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
· Video Card MSI 980 GTX 
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)   Z97X-Gaming 7
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)   a thermaltake oe , i don t rememeber 

· System Manufacturer _: i build it 
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

· Laptop or Desktop? desktop 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F7) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

You have 3 hard drives.  What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

Please uninstall the Cisco AnyConnect software if it's not needed

If it is needed, please re-enable it and update it BEFORE disabling it again.

Many Live Kernel Events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.
Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please be sure to run ALL of them and let us know the results.

MSI Afterburner (along with EVGA Precision and Riva Tuner) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 soyelyuki

soyelyuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

thanks a lot for your quick answer .   

my psu is  thermaltake tr2-600w 

the hard drives are ok according to the   testing provided and hdd  are ok too  . 

my hdd are : 

ssd for games : crucial  ct480bx200ssd1 

and for data : st500dm0  

i have unnistalled everything you recommended and the issue persists . also upgraded the bios firmware to  f8 wich is the latest  .  

let me know what else you need from my side . 

thanks  

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

There are at least 7 tests for the hardware diagnostics.  What were the results for all of them?:

- malware scans

- memory test

- hard drive test(s)

- Furmark

- Prime95

- Other video tests (3 or 4)

- CPU diagnostics

Also, just in case, try running Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 soyelyuki

soyelyuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

hello Usasma 

i have runned the following as you requested : 

- malware scans came out  clean ( i runned the microsoft one )  

- memtest passed  all of the dimms with no ecc errors 

-all hard drives had a performance test from samsung runned and all ok 

- prime 95 runned fine for an hour   

-this was the score from furmark SCORE:4402 points (73 FPS, 60000 ms)

i ll do the driver  verifier today 

PS : please be aware this is only happenning from   playing tera and starcraft 2  .   i can play the withcer 3, wow and overwatch all day long and not a single wink from my gpu 

kind regards 

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:15 AM

I understand that it happens only with certain games.

Please be sure that you have run the long/extended test for Seagate Seatools on your 500 gB Seagate drive

The SSD's don't have tests like this, so the Samsung test is all we have for them.

There are 2 possibilities here:

- that there is a hardware problem (likely with the video card)

- that there is a software problem

We haven't found any signs of a software problem, and you have reinstalled the video drivers.

As such, the most likely problem is your video card - and the easiest test (at this point) is to remove the video card and see if that helps

Unfortunately, that means that you'll need another video card to see what's on the screen.
If you don't have a known-good video card to use, then I'd suggest purchasing a video card from a shop that will let you return it if it's not needed (for your money back)

The purpose of this is if the problem actually is in the motherboard, rather than the video card - you don't want to waste money on a card that you don't need.

Beyond that, you can try this procedure to narrow down the hunt for the problem component:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users