Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer just turns off randomly...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SteKelly1

SteKelly1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

Very strange one, not sure whether it's in the right category here as I may not be a Windows 10 problem, it may just be my PC.

Had it a couple of years, its a gaming one so it MAY just be getting old.

I'm sitting here and it just turns off randomly, the weird thing is, as soon as it turns off I press the power button and it comes back on straight away. Surely that doesn't mean its overheating? If it was overheating then surely it wouldn't come back literally straight away? I've actually opened the PC up and cleared the dust etc and ive left the cover off it so air can get to it.

You probably need more info, ive done this on my phone so apologies about grammar etc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SteKelly1

SteKelly1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Forgot to add, say if I switch it on at 10:00, it goes off at 13:00 and then i switch it back on at 13:01, It will literally last me 10 hours or however long I'm on it for.

Some days It won't turn off = HAPPY STE!

#3 SteKelly1

SteKelly1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users