Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SMALL PRINT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

HI,I have a canon imageclass mf 4450 that when it prints a page the print is so small you almost need a electron microscope to read whats on the page so far i have not found why it is probably something simple and stupid i am over looking,thank,s

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Let's try something:  get into Microsoft Word or Wordpad, type a few quick lines, highlight the text, find Verdana font, find 16 font size, save as test.doc -- and then print it.  Tell us what happens.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

Go to Device and Printers. Select Printer Preferences. Under the Page Setup page make sure you have the correct paper size you use and Page Layout is Normal Size. If the Page Layout is set to Scaling make sure it's 100%.

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

hi,i used both of your solutions and neither will work, can not change size font and have it stay at new font size unless i am doing something wrong,thank,s

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

I would uninstall your printer driver and reinstall.

You can get the latest driver here. Use the dropdown box for your OS which should be auto detected.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/imageclass-mf4450

#6 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

hi,JohnC_21, reinstalling drivers appears to have fixed my small print problem,you knowing where to find a fix for pc problems is like looking for Easter eggs,thank,s

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Your Welcome, glad you printer back to normal and thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users