Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Weird disk usage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Surprise Giraffe

Surprise Giraffe

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

I keep getting the 'busy' spinner appearing next to the cursor in Win10 for no apparent reason. I'll be at the desktop or just have chrome open with nothing running and the spinner'll appear for a second or two maybe every five or ten seconds like there's disk usage going on. Task manager shows me nothing out of the ordinary. Is this a known bug?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

Sounds like it's simply the Windows 10 Search Indexer doing its job. It can be disabled but, your searches would take significantly longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users