Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Turns on, but monitors,keyboard,mouse etc doesnt work.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Osci

Osci

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

Hey, in the middle of a game my PC randomly crashed, and my monitors, keyboard, mouse, headset and all didnt work. I then tried to replug everything in the PC, and it worked for about a day untill the same stuff happened again. Tried replugging everything in the PC, CMOS reset, but nothing will work. All of the fans work when i turn on the computer. Anyone know where the problem is? Would really appreciate the help so i could replace or fix the problem!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Osci

Osci
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

the details on my PC:

Corsair H100i Hydro Series CPU cooler
Intel Core i5-4670K
Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast 16GB RAM
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming, Socket-1150 Motherboard
CoolerMaster GX 750W PSU (very old, i think around 6-7 years)
Graphics card is ASUS Radeon EAH5870 (very old aswell, 6-7 years)

I tried to run the PC without the graphics card and the Mouse, Keyboard and headset started working. Does that mean the problem is in the Graphics card, or could it still be the motherboard or PSU? The fan on the Graphics card still runs when its plugged in.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

There is no clear indication of which is the issue, power supply or the graphics card.  I'd recommend starting with the power supply.  Normally with graphics cards go you get an indicator, your graphics suddenly degrade.

#4 Osci

Osci
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

There is no clear indication of which is the issue, power supply or the graphics card.  I'd recommend starting with the power supply.  Normally with graphics cards go you get an indicator, your graphics suddenly degrade.

Im guessing they both are ticking time bombs as they are so old. I am considering changing both. Dont really need that good parts as im only playing League of Legends and Counter Strike, my current setup was working just fine. Do you have any recommendations on new PSU and Graphics card that are pretty cheap and works decent?

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

Unfortunately no, I build higher end and don't know what is good in the lower end.  Since you are looking to do both make sure that the power supply you select can support the video card you choose.  Hopefully someone else can make a recommendation for you.

If you could give an idea of your budget, that would help.  I'm guessing low end you could do $100 to $200.  From Best cheap gaming PC $175 is about what you're going to need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users