Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outbound to Cloudflare IPs/URLs blocked by MBAM

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:14 AM

What is the problem with Cloudflare?
Malwarebytes Antimalware (MBAM) started reporting outbound communication to IPs and sites that go through Cloudflare (CF). MBAM blocked these communications, fortunately.

I wanted to let CF know about this, like I reported to Akamai last week about a similar abuse (which promptly stopped without any response from Akamai). Since there are 3 sites and about 6 IPs being used, I figured they'd want to know. After all, they offer protection against DDoS attacks. But, when I went to fill out their abuse form, I discovered I couldn't send it.

First, it requires valid URLs. I provided the 3 sites, even adding www, but it didn't accept them - perhaps because they end in ".top". I tried the IPs instead.

CF also requires logs or other data that help pinpoint the problem, so I pasted in the MBAM protection log. It said the data should be no more than 5000 words but my log was less than that (unless CF counts differently), so it wouldn't accept the log, nor was there a way to attach the log separately.

So, in the end, I couldn't report it.

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users