Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating Graphics Card Driver?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ~ JJ ~

~ JJ ~

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

Hi, been trying to get the video game Transport Fever to work on laptop and it's saying i need to install the latest drivers for my graphics card, I've been to the Intel site but want to make sure it's the right one that I'm trying to install and download. 

My system is: 

Windows 10

OS build 10586.420

Processor Intel® Core ™ i3 CPU M330 @ 2.13GHz 

installed Ram: 8.00GB 

System: 64bit 

My graphics card is: Intel® HD graphics Corei3 

Ive done the intel driver update utility scan and it's come up with this one asking me if i want to download or not but I don't know? 

Intel chipset device software (INF update utility EXE only) 

Will this update my graphics card drivers? to be able to play the game please? Looking at the specs below and the specs above can this laptop with updated drivers for the graphics card be able to play it please? 

What I need to play the game is: 

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz 
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM 
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5670, 1 GB VRAM 
  • Storage: 12 GB available space

Thank you for the help. 

Edited by ~ JJ ~, 08 December 2016 - 08:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:39 AM

that a laptop or a desktop computer you got their ?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

If you go into 'Control panel' you should be able to click on your graphics card in 'Device manager' and find which version of driver you have -

'Win Key + X - Control panel - System - Device manager'. Roll down to your display adapers, expand it then double click on your graphics card. This will bring up a grey box and if you click on the Driver tab you will be able to see what version you have currently installed. If the one you are looking at at Intel is later then you will be perfectly safe to download and install this newer driver.

I can not guarrantee that this driver update will allow you to play your game, your card may not be capable of it, but it won't do any harm to your computer.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users