Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop will not boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joshbull623

joshbull623

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

My Lenovo y50-70 was plugged and charging during a storm and I wasn't awake to know exactly what happened but the next morning the laptop wouldn't boot. The laptop turned on, keyboard lit up, fans and HD spun, but nothing on the monitor. I tried connecting it to an external monitor to see if the laptop monitor was damaged and nothing would still display. I took out the battery and tried turning it on with just the power adapter encase the battery was faulty and damaged but it didn't do anything different. I even tried that hold power button after everythings unplugged then plug in adapter only and that didn't do anything. I took out both ram sticks one at a time then tried a ram stick from another laptop I knew worked and nothing different happened. At this point I figured my gpu, cpu, or motherboard is damaged in all cases requiring a motherboard replacement. I bought a new motherboard and installed it today so new mobo, cpu, and gpu but the same exact thing happens. Powers on, everything spins up, nothing displays on the laptop monitor nor external monitor. When I hit the power button it turns off right away. I installed a new SSD with the new motherboard too so a bad harddrive can be ruled out. Any idea whats going on? I figure even if the monitor is shot on the laptop it should still display on an external so I am totally at a loss. Just unplugged everything from the motherboard and reattached it making sure everything was in but nothing changes, very strange. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

I'm wondering if the video assembly is gone, not the motherboard, the video assembly built into the lid.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users