Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi I need advice

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gert1985

Gert1985

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop, but now I want to update it to windows 10 so plz let me know how can I update it? Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:06 AM

You have not responded to this topic...Ads opening in browser - Am I infected? What do I do?

Before upgrading....not doing a clean install of Windows 10....I suggest you make sure the computer malware and adware free first.

I also suggest you check to be sure your computer is Windows 10 compatible before attempting to install Windows 10.

Installing Windows 10 will likely not solve any issues you have. I would suggest you not install it unless you have a compelling reason

to do that. Not just I want to try it.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

https://smile.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSI7Y3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481213801&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+10

https://smile.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Flash-Drive/dp/B01019T6O0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481213801&sr=8-2&keywords=windows+10

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

Here are the links provided by Rocky Bennett pointing to www.amazon.com instead of smile.amazon.com (since not everyone uses Amazon smile)

Windows 10 disk - $91

Windows 10 USB - $110

Edited by Kilroy, 08 December 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

Thank you Kilroy, I wasn't thinking when I posted those links. (I have to keep that in mind.)

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

Once your machine is clean (really, really, important) then you can just follow the steps here and use the Assertive Technologies link.

It works and is legal. Most folk I know say it's a door Microsoft have deliberatly left open to get more people on Win 10.

I do at least one a week.

http://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

I don't think that the OP has a dirty computer. I have read everything that he has posted and he just wants a web browser with a built in ad blocker. The biggest unknown right now is his equipment and whether it is ready for Windows 10 or not.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Win 10 is still free.go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO and download the ISO and upgrade from inside the 7 os.There is no need to use the  Assertive Technologies.  Hope this helps

#9 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

Rocky Bennett, no worries.  I'm a Smile user also and have had experience with people saying my links don't work.  For those that don't know Smile is an Amazon program where Amazon donates a small portion of your purchases to a charity of your choice and you can switch the charity any time you want.  Amazon has donated over $41 for me in the past year.

To change the links you just change it from smile.amazon.com to www.amazon.com, everything else stays the same.

Edited by Kilroy, 08 December 2016 - 02:29 PM.

#10 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

To Kilroy, lesson learned. Thanks again.

To shogun697, we still need to determine the OP's system specs before we can recommend Windows 10 to him. He is having issues right now understanding his current Windows 7 system and jumping into Windows 10 might not be the right move for him.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users