Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost sound on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mduerden

mduerden

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

Suddenly found I had lost my sound on my Windows 10 system running on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 G1 motherboard with a built-in Creative Sound Core 3D Quad-Core Audio + SBX Pro Studio Audio Suite.  Sound info in the control panel has VGA Display-4 (NVDIA High Definition Audio) and also Speakers Sound Blaster Recon 3Di.  Have tried switching between these two audio outputs and have also restored system to previous date but to no avail. Have checked the drivers under device manager and they seem OK.  I've usually got round such problems by restoring the system and reinstalling drivers but this has not resolved my disappeared sound.  I know the external sound systems are OK as the screen which has speakers incorporated plus keyboard etc are shared through a Belkin switch with a second PC whose sound is OK.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CrushImages

CrushImages

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:48 PM

Hello!

Can you download Speccy and upload the report here? It would be a lot of help.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/

If you aren't sure of something just stop and ask.

#3 mduerden

mduerden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:33 AM

herewith the specc reports

Would really like iyt to be something simple and perhaps stupid that I have done but I've tried the obvious.

Attached Files

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

From the Speccy report you have three antivirus programs running concurrently. You only need one. I would also uninstall all your JAVA programs except the latest version. 

The Nvidia High Definition Audio may be your HDMI port. Are there any yellow exclamation marks next to any sound devices in Device Manager? 

Right click  your speaker icon and select Playback Devices. Is there a green check mark next to speakers?

Type troubleshooter in the Windows Search box. Windows 10 has a sound troubleshooter that may help.

If you want to check if it's hardware related we can boot a small linux distro and attempt to play an MP3 file. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users