Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Spinning Circle - Mouse Pointer - A Few Extra Seconds, annoying

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 sjf99

sjf99

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

I notice this more with Chrome then other applications, but it happens with them too sometimes.  It is more annoying then anything.  After an internet page loads or sometimes with another application, I get a continued "Blue Spinning Working Circle for the Mouse Pointer" for what seems about a couple extra seconds and then it disappears.

Never had this with Windows 7 Pro.  Again, more annoying then anything, curious to thoughts?  I have tried many suggestions on various websites already about chrome (uninstall, reinstall, setting flags, etc.).  No luck.  Side note, when I try Microsoft Edge, I never experience this annoyance.

Anyone have this experience?

Thanks in advance.

Scott 

Edited by sjf99, 08 December 2016 - 05:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

Read

Read also

definitely something continuing to 'load'......it almost has to be something closely related to Msoft, because it is not happening in edge....

The above links may help.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 sjf99

sjf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Thanks, I read those two topics before and I don't have that specific problem.  The blue spinning circle is not persistent it always stops after a few seconds.

#4 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

Hello there,

Please see this topic, run the Speccy tool, and then post the URL to the report back here. :)

Edited by Kakuzu, 08 December 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#5 sjf99

sjf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

Gotcha, will do, as soon as I go home tonight, I use the speccy tool already and familiar with it.  I'll post back my system details.  Thank you.

Scott

#6 sjf99

sjf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

I notice this more with Chrome then other applications, but it happens with them too sometimes.  It is more annoying then anything.  After an internet page loads or sometimes with another application, I get a continued "Blue Spinning Working Circle for the Mouse Pointer" for what seems about a couple extra seconds and then it disappears.

Never had this with Windows 7 Pro.  Again, more annoying then anything, curious to thoughts?  I have tried many suggestions on various websites already about chrome (uninstall, reinstall, setting flags, etc.).  No luck.  Side note, when I try Microsoft Edge, I never experience this annoyance.

Anyone have this experience?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

#7 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

I believe I ran into this issue once, but I cannot find what I did to solve it (thought I had the notes somewhere).

Go in Google Chrome, right click on the window title bar (the top bar) and select Task manager (note: not Windows Task Manager, but Google Chrome Task manager). Take a screenshot of that and upload it please. We'll go from there... :)

#8 sjf99

sjf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

Here ya go, I attached it as a jpg.  Let me know if you need anything else, thanks for your help.

Scott

Attached Files

#9 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

I am so sorry... I need a complete screenshot, which includes the usage of the CPU.

It does look as if the processes are taking up a bit of memory, but I'm curious on their bit rates too, so I will wait for a screenshot of all info (maximize the Task Manager window and then take a screenshot, please).

#10 sjf99

sjf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:55 AM

Let me know if this is good, thanks.

Attached Files

#11 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

Okay, let's try this an easy way first...

In Google Chrome, install this addon, which disables Extensions with an on/off button. We will be using this to run Google Chrome in "safe mode." This can also be done in Incognito Mode, but once you launch an Incognito window, close the regular Google Chrome window, and see if the cursor acts up while browsing the web for a while. You do not need to install the extension and go into Incognito Mode, but one or the other.

Either way, please test if the problem continues.

You're either dealing with a constant querying of the disk that Google Chrome does, an extension that keeps writing to the disk (especially Adblock Plus is bad about this). Sometimes enabling Hardware Acceleration in browsers can cause problems, while it is supposed to improve, many times it will be the opposite depending on the machine.

The reason why I suspect it is a constant querying of the disk, is that you have plenty of RAM, a good processor, and your graphics card appears to be a healthy one. You have plenty of disk space; however, the cursor loves to pop up if the Disk is being queried a lot at one time, or sometimes every time the disk is queried.

We can consider other issues, but let us proceed one step at a time here to try a few things out.

If it is indeed an extension causing the issue, it's best to disable them all, and then re-enable one by one to see which one is causing the issue (much like a Clean Boot of Windows does).

#12 sjf99

sjf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

Thank you so much for spending the time with me on this, I will start my testing when I get home from work tonight and report back accordingly.

#13 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

Okay, I look forward to it! :)

#14 sjf99

sjf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:15 PM

I added the new extension, temporarily disabled the existing extensions and played around for a bit.  I still get the spinning blue circle at the mouse pointer and about the same frequency and length of time too.  So, it doesn't appear to be extension related.

Scott

#15 opera

opera

• Members
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:58 AM

Does the same thing happen if you run in safe mode?

What does it say about this in your win update history?

Did you turn on Defender at any time?

12/30/1899
Installation Status: 
Failed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users