Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Recovery Manager Application Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

I'm Clueless here guys.  I wonder if I need this Update.  I know HP is notorious for all it's software "Enhancements" lol, but this one seems important, or possibly Important to Update.  Can some of you HP knowledgeable folks advise weather or not to install this Update.  I already used the HP Recovery Manager once and it worked fine, but want to do the best for my system just in case.  Here is the Link, hope it is direct.  It's to the Driver Page for this Laptop.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-dv7-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/5169332/model/5218587/swItemId/ob-136440-1

Thanks, pc

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:49 PM

If you can access the Recovery Manager using F11 then I would not bother with the update. This update seems to be relative to Windows 8.1. and is dated 2014.

This release includes updated software components

I'm not sure what this means. Which components? Are they talking about the HP bloatware? 

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:17 PM

I won't worry about it John, next install gets the Retail Treatment anyhow.  I was going to Link to the drivers page but did not think it would work, here it is with a quote below.  The last part was what Prompted me to ask: "promptly" "HP recommends promptly transitioning to this updated release."  

Quote from HP:
Fix and enhancements:
- This release includes updated software components. HP recommends promptly transitioning to this updated release.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users