Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BWRye

BWRye

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

I'm certain there's malware on my PC that I can't locate. I'm using both Norton Anti Virus and MalwareBytes Professional (alone with MalwareBytes Anti Exploit). MalwareBytes regularly and frequently blocks outbound attempts to connect to one of several websites - most often www.invokefun.com.

Scan with MalwareBytes reports PUP.Optional.Scanguard. JRT removes several folders; Adwcleaner has been reporting no problems. RogueKiller reports PUM.Homepage and deletes the setting specifying which pages to open when I open Chrome. ComboFix gives no message. Log appears to be an inventory of my PC rather than a report of problems. The log is meaningless to me. I've run Farbar Recovery Scan and have the two logs, but these too are meaningless to me.

None of my efforts to identify and resolve the problem have worked and I'm hoping Bleeping Computer's experts can help me. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

When that happens to me and the force tells me its about that time i just purge all and full rebuild/reinstall.

As well i disconnect all the data drives "i have 5 HDD total on this box" and only wipe/install on the Os drive as well as full AV scans of all data drives with as many AV as i can find.

#3 BWRye

BWRye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

Shadow_647 - I hear you...but was hoping to avoid that option. It's a genuine pain to contact all the software vendors and explain so I can reinstall application software I use. 

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

BWRye...welcome to BC

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Try uninstalling Chrome. During the uninstall you will be asked if you want to uninstall your Chrome profile....do that...a complete uninstall.

You can save your bookmarks before uninstalling if you prefer to do that. Import or export bookmarks - Chrome Help

Reboot and then reinstall Chrome. Be sure to download from Chrome Web Browser

Let me know if that solved the problem

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

Now you know why i only deal with full installers,anyone that dousen't wan't to give them out i dont deal with,everything should be able to work offline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users