Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote access virus and slow computer--Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 reploid

reploid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm running Windows 10 on a 2015 Dell XPS 9550 with a i7-6700 HQ and a Geforce 960M and Intel 530 integrated graphics. I have been having two related (I think) issues for some time now. Frequently, my framerate will stutter and slow in all applications and I'll experience input lag. Whenever this happens, MSI afterburner shows the integrated GPU jumping to 100% utilization, despite there being no visible processes running which would cause that level of load on the integrated GPU. Additionally, I've had an episode where someone was remotely operating my computer, so I assume I have a RAT or something of the sort. These issues started after I (stupidly) clicked a redirect URL from someone on Craigslist, so I assume that's where it came from, though I can't be sure. I ended up doing a clean install of windows, but the GPU problem didn't go away, and today someone hijacked my computer again, so clearly the reinstall did not remove the virus. I have windows defender running and some free program called Bytefence. Before the reinstall, I had Panda running. At this point, I'm at a loss as to what to do. I have many important documents, so simply wiping the hard drive isn't an option. Do I need to buy an external drive and move everything there? Will that even be enough? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users