Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User account issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 labdc

labdc

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

I think I have a corrupted user account.. Lots of symptoms, but among them: I can't uses any of my Office 13 programs even after running a supposedly "successful" repair. I rebooted in safe mode, and I was able to open files with no trouble. So...I created a new Administrator account, logged in as that Administrator, and again was able to open files with no trouble. That tells me there is nothing wrong with the install of Office. I then created a new user. Moved files to the new user, logged in as the new user, and the same problems occur with Office 13.  I can't open anything.  For what it's worth, both of the users on this desktop have Admin privileges. Before creating the new Administrator and new user account, I was the ONLY user on this PC. 

Any ideas? I've been at this for hours. I'd be most grateful for some help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

I thing best thing you can do is to use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office.

Posted Image

#3 labdc

labdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

I appreciate the suggestion, and if that were my only issue with the two users I'd do it. It's not, and the fact that Office works fine in Safe Mode and for the Administrator would suggest to me that the problem is not with Office. Don't you think?

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

Problem is with registry settings that affect your user account that is the reason when you start Office under different user account it works as that account registry settings are set correctly.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users