- Windows 10 Anniversary Update 64bit (free upgrade from Win 8.1)
- 16 Gb RAM (2x8GB) Corsair Vengance LP - . 1600Mhz DDR3
- Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770 Quad Core CPU @ 3.4Ghz
- ASUS P8Z77-V LX - Intel Z77 Chipset
- ATI Radeon HD5450 1024Mb Dual Head
- 3 Port PCI Firewire Card - 400Mb/s Texas Instruments Chipset 1394a
- PCI Wireless Lan Card
- Tp-Link.TL-WN781ND. Ver. 2.2
- LOGITECH Combo MK270 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Set
- Philips 243V5LSB 24" LED VGA DVI Monitor
I have had this Desktop for around 3 years now. It has always had random freezes. Everything just stops and I have to restart with th buttoin on the front. I have tried to work out the cause but as of yet it is still a mystery. I have posted before but in the end in the end I just lived with it as other events take priority.
The manufacturer has replaced:
p8z77-v LX2 mother board
I7 3770 processor
HD5450 graphics card
3 Port firewire card
I have swapped the powersupply.
I have also:
- done long tests on the RAM and all was OK.
- run the driver Verifier and rebooted (not sure what happens next with that?)
- previously used Acronis to restore the computer to Factory State (When using Windows 8.1)
- Swapped my previous Audio Interface (Firewire Edirol FA-101) for USB Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
- Stopped using an old Surge protector strip as I realised it was no longer providing protection...and was really old
I have also recently had problems with the keyboard not responding on random occassions.... probably not related but I thought I should mention it.
I just looked at Windows Event Viewer and there seem to be lots of errors (but I don't know what they mean).
I can live with the random freezes but they do drive me mad. Iif anyone could make any sense of the two attached files I would appreciate it. I also attached a Speccy Report to provide extra info about my system.
EDIT: I have also tried different AV's....Avast, Avira and now using Kaspersky Internet Security
Edited by j_bins, 07 December 2016 - 05:42 AM.