Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitdefender ==> worst support!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IT_Master

IT_Master

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:46 AM

Hi everybody,

I am here to share my very bad experience with Bitdefender support.
I have problem with downloading Bitdefender online. I asked them to provide me offline installer about 10 days ago. After 3-4 days they replied:

==================================================================
Dear ***, 

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender Customer Care. This is an automated reply to confirm that we have received your request, and that we are working on resolving your issue(s) as promptly as possible. Your assigned ticket number is ***. We advise that you keep this reference number in a safe place for further tracking/follow-up. Regards, Bitdefender Customer Care Team
==================================================================

I opened new ticket and they send me same message after few days! No response till now.
I had to chat with the live support, they added top priority to my ticket to get reply faster, but after 3 days no response yet.
In this case, I lost my money and many times.

Conclusion:
Under zero support. Avoid them if you need potential support.  :nono:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,852 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

IT_Master:

Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Forums.  I am a long time Bitdefender customer.  On those few occasions when I have had recourse to Bitdefender Support, my experience has been good.  That said, there have been complaints about their customer support on their own Forums.  From what I understand, they are making efforts to improve response times.

Bitdefender does not offer an offline installer for their 2017 products.  See this topic in the Bitdefender Forum.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

PS: I am not affiliated in any way with Bitdefender, other than as a long-time customer, and my personal opinions does not purport to reflect the official opinion of Bleeping Computer in any way.

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

If the ticket support system is similar to the one avast has creating new ticket before the original is answered will put you back to the end of the queue.

#4 IT_Master

IT_Master
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:24 PM

IT_Master:

Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Forums.  I am a long time Bitdefender customer.  On those few occasions when I have had recourse to Bitdefender Support, my experience has been good.  That said, there have been complaints about their customer support on their own Forums.  From what I understand, they are making efforts to improve response times.

Bitdefender does not offer an offline installer for their 2017 products.  See this topic in the Bitdefender Forum.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

PS: I am not affiliated in any way with Bitdefender, other than as a long-time customer, and my personal opinions does not purport to reflect the official opinion of Bleeping Computer in any way.

Thanks for your message.

I know they dont offer offline installer. But there is a big problem with downloading file:

When download starts and failed after a while, it dont resume downloading and it starts from the first again! I lost over 2GB (traffic) for only a 388MB file.

About the support, this is not my first time I contacted with them. I'be been with them since 2014 and each time I had problem it tooks about 5 days to resolve the issue but now its been about 10 days and no response yet.

Before Bitdefender, I used Norton (Symantec). They have great support and all issues solved in less than 1 day (maximum). The same for Kaspersky too.

I am a webmaster and business owner and know fast support is critical for online businesses. To be honest, I've never seen such bad support on other online industry. The problem is they dont care of their customers, they just think about the money, not responsibility!

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

No offline support or full installer ? guess i won't be using them anytime soon.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I know several of our members use Bitdefender but have not heard a lot of complains here at the BC forums. Lack of adequate Customer Support in addressing issues related to the use of a vendor's product is one reason folks look for other alternatives. If it is a paid product, folks speak with their wallets.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users