Hi, I'm using a Carbon Copy Cloner backup software on my Mac and it's asking me to select two different items but I'm not sure how. It's asking for the following:
- back up your startup disk to the backup volume (step 1 in the instructions below)
- store your data volume's backup (step 6)
I'm having trouble figuring out how to select the startup disk and how to select the data volume. When I click the source button on the backup software it gives me the options to select my main HardDrive or Chose A Folder. What do I select? I understand I will be creating two tasks/actions and for each one I am to select something different, but just not sure what.
Quoting the instructions below and here's the original page if needed:
"I want to back up my startup disk and a data volume to the same backup disk"
If you prefer not to partition your backup volume as described above, you can use two CCC backup tasks to manage these backups. The first task will back up your startup disk directly to the backup volume for a bootable backup, the second task will back up your data volume to a subfolder on the backup volume. Thanks to CCC's SafetyNet feature, the two backup tasks will coexist peacefully.
- Configure a CCC task to back up your startup disk to the backup volume. Choose your startup disk from the Source selector and choose the backup volume from the Destination selector.
- Verify that the SafetyNet feature is "On". [Note: If you have Advanced Settings enabled, be sure that the Protect root-level items option is checked.]
- Schedule the task, if desired, or choose "Save" from Carbon Copy Cloner's File menu. You can run this task immediately or let it run on schedule later.
- Click the "New Task" button in CCC's toolbar.
- Choose your data volume from CCC's Source selector.
- In the Finder, create a new folder at the root level of the destination volume to store your data volume's backup. Finder may prompt you to authenticate if you ran the first task already, and that's OK.
- Drag the new folder from the Finder onto CCC's Destination selector.
- Schedule the task, if desired, or choose "Save" from Carbon Copy Cloner's File menu. Again, you can run this task immediately or let it run on schedule later.
Edited by Traktor, 07 December 2016 - 04:02 AM.