Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc is slow on and off,random disconnection, reconnect issues with internet

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 leaftwisted

leaftwisted

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:17 AM

Been througha decent portion of my pc. not sure where else to look. my pc is slowing down and im not sure if its software or hardware or malware/adware/virus/rootkit,etc. 

Edited by hamluis, 07 December 2016 - 09:52 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:19 AM

My post probably is not going to be direct, step-by-step help to you because I am not allowed to post the utilities that I ordinarily use on this forum website. Generally.....if your computer is slowing visibly but is running smoothly and normally, usually this is caused by one or both of two things:

> You have too many loaders starting on boot. These software packages load into memory whenever you boot the computer and chances are that you do not know they are loading. Some of the usual suspects are:

** In the case of a retail unit that you purchased from a store/online: adware, spyware, trial-ware, and just plain garbageware. The usual are Symantec Norton antivirus trialware that has expired but is still loading on boot. Various McAfee trialware; Microsoft Office trialware; various free games and utilities, and so on. In addition, companies like HP, Dell, Acer and others have what I call "overlay" programs that "help" you configure settings in Windows that Microsoft has included perfectly good screens for doing the same thing. These load into memory and sit there doing nothing 90% of the time the unit is running. One for example is common: a "helper" to configure your internet settings. Microsoft has a perfectly good and easy-to-understand screen tool for that, and all they do is inject a screen that uses the same Windows configuration utility and supposedly "helps" you to do it easier. That is why I call them "overlays", they just "overlay" a screen that uses the same M/Soft config tools. Most load on boot and just sit there doing nothing.

** BHOs. This is a big one. I have taken as many as 12 Microsoft Internet Explorer entries loading on boot off of clients' computers. There is never a BHO that I found to be actually necessary, I nuke them all and afterwards the computer starts running noticeably faster.

** Tool bars: programs love to load you up with their custom Tool Bar. I take dozens off clients' units all the time, and the majority don't even know these tool bars (and BHOs) are loading.

** "Update Checkers": most programs love to have a loader automatically check for updates to their programs. After a few years you can have dozens all loading into memory and sitting there like fat pigs eating clock cycles off the CPU and doing absolutely nothing other than occasionally checking to see if there is a newer version of their program available. You can just as easily check for updates yourself manually. And....if you are like me....I have small utilities that run very well and I really don't care if a new version is published or not.

There are Spyware/Adware programs running: I suggest you run ADWcleaner and JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) available from BC. Let them remove anything they find.  Both are available from this website. Do not use any of the others listed if you are not acquainted with them.

Autoruns: download Autoruns from BC; this powerful utility will list pretty much most of the things loading on boot. Be careful with this tool, study it first; you can damage your operating system. I suggest using the filter to not list Microsoft entries, that will help protect the OS. There are many tutorials and videos on using Autoruns.

HIjack This: this tool used to be the "go to" for virus removal, but is pretty much out-dated now. However....it lists certain places in the registry that can contain auto-loaders and can target things that load on boot, and sometimes can be very helpful removing tool bars or BHOs. If it will not remove something that you see should not be there, at least you now know that it is there and can take other action to remove it.

If cleaning out the system does not help, then you may have other problems. Jump over to the virus/malware removal section and have someone check over your computer, at least you can get that possibility covered. Hope I helped a bit.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

i have a alot of software for viewing and running stuff i got jrt and a buncha other portable exe's an installed stuff to kill most threats. was using esetnod 32 previously but didnt like it . i have tcpview,jrt,rkill,hitmanpro,and alot of other things i can use run or install,i have also. many programs on which i cant list as well on my tera drive, lol.not sure if its packet loss or a hardware malfunction .idk i cant tell so many dlls get used with so little svcs in my task manager.like , many services will couple with one scvhost. (respectivly ofc,so we don't see a HUGE flux of svc hosts in our task manager) but this is not stuff u are not already educated on as it seems. so ya.what can i do ? it seems like ive done everything forums point people towards. most notably i notice it when playing my League of legends. everything runs smooth, no alteration in fps or MS then BANG my net dies but it still registers only 32 ms and 140 FPS .soooo durring this occurence i can say league is either the problem or helping cause it or the victim of the attack or something idk. event viewer shows many changes at peak times of night. (bitcoinminer)??? thee amount of research and time ive put into this is akward as all hell. i legit cannot pin point the issue using speccy checking for overheat or throttle,gouasus, zpucupid, hwmonitor, u name it i used it. i have no idea.sorry for slightly talking in circles i know an ok amount(not tonnes) so this is pretty darn vexing. Thanks , -Tyler. ps ,i have auto runs and hi jack this. and ive been in and outt at hose programs lots and have even been taught how to READ rededit to a very small degree, NOT WRITE .lol.:( anything ill try anything haha this is killing me.im drained.

#4 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

going to run a quick sfc scannow and see what it determines. tried glassnost tocheck for internet throttle via isp also. im dyinggggggggggggg lol 

#5 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

been to malwarebytes forums and had to go through a 10+ page thread on my system....they defined its not malware i have many issues to determine these things. im looking for other means as i said. ANYTHING really. 

#6 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

The lack of reply is unsettling.this problem has been occurring on this pc for awhile now and needs to be asserted.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

You should repost in the Operating System forums.. As Malwarebytes deemed it clean theme's no reason for someone in this section to try.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

You should repost in the Operating System forums.. As Malwarebytes deemed it clean theme's no reason for someone in this section to try.

Funny,working computers dont act like this ,just saying.and just cuz two dudes say somethings clean doesnt mean they did EVERYTHING .as a small time IT i know that EVERY system requires different things.........i really just see a "awwww but do i have toooo"............and ive posted over there only for the mto tell me to come here. both u and malware bytes need to stop comparing each others projects etc. it doesnt help. thats why im looking for MORE HELP. but u guys just keep bleep shooting me back and forth like a pinball.make up my bloody mind.

#9 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

and if im not infected,why am i removing worms and .txt files that neeed to be scrubbed etc.....hidden values and hexs and bleep. ya thats not fun nor is it "clean" PUM happening constantly and i cant tell where. or why. sounds clean to me. made as well put the soap down and never bother trying to clean it again.........i didnt spend 2 grand on a pc for nothing.

#10 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

and everytime i post elsewhere they keep pushing and forcing my thread into another forum. this is going no where. can i just get sumone who wants to work? PLEASE im so over stressed.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

Then I would say repost once more here for a deep look.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

Ok.....

#13 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

ok so u closed my other topic to re open a topic no one posted on when i was getting more attention on the other forum? typical. you people man honestly ,mind blowing. i was GETTING replies there.as of here i even had to double post to attempt to get a reply which i still havent gotten btw. wtf. can u guys stop like honestly. maybe if u guys stopped making me make new posts constantly id have some attention on ONE THING instead of u guys telling me to open new threads,stop posting in others about certain things etc etc. you guys system is BRUTAL.is that what u guys do? just bounce people around. cuz i coulda swore i was comming here for help.this is getting annoying. if you guys cant help just say it omg

#14 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

Ive followed most of your Posts :

You need to stick to ONE ! and follow it through to the end with whoever is assisting you and follow their instructions.

When others get involved or offer advice , then you get side tracked.

One Post looked like a Chat Post ...not a Procedure to Fix your issue.

Either way its always hard for someone { An Expert } to get positive results when not having the PC sitting in front of them , and just relying on the User { You } to provide the Info needed to assist further.

The last step if you think your not getting anywhere , is to Start from Scratch , Strip the PC , Reassemble , Format the Drive , Reinstall Operating System , and then you have a point to start from - Clean and Working System.

#15 leaftwisted

leaftwisted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:47 PM

Ive followed most of your Posts :

You need to stick to ONE ! and follow it through to the end with whoever is assisting you and follow their instructions.

When others get involved or offer advice , then you get side tracked.

One Post looked like a Chat Post ...not a Procedure to Fix your issue.

Either way its always hard for someone { An Expert } to get positive results when not having the PC sitting in front of them , and just relying on the User { You } to provide the Info needed to assist further.

The last step if you think your not getting anywhere , is to Start from Scratch , Strip the PC , Reassemble , Format the Drive , Reinstall Operating System , and then you have a point to start from - Clean and Working System.

thats common sense. lol. clearly trying to avoid a reformat.if thats the case imma just sell the thing and get a new built better one from cybertronn or something. i mean its not like anything u said isnt known already. and i have done that overtime. i follow everything ALL the way through. only to get told to post where i just got bounced from. unless you are like you said. directly at my pc or in my shoes. you prolly don't know :D. EVERY time they ask for somethign i post. anytime something is locked or closed i msg mods or get it re opened or discuss things. Anywho. thanks for the input.

even stated i didnt wanna make a tonne of posts and shouldnt need to ask all over. im trying to stick to one thing ,Lol.

Edited by leaftwisted, 19 December 2016 - 11:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users