Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel HD 4600 Driver Install Issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CulturedKnave

CulturedKnave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

I have an HP 400 G1 SFF I'm trying to set up with dual monitors.  It has an Intel HD 4600.  Device Manager is using the basic MS VGA driver.  As a result, even though two monitors are connected, Windows only detects one and mirrors the screen to the second monitor.  As far as I know, Intel software is needed to make extending the display work as clicking "Detect" results in nothing happening.

Windows Update installs the driver but it is not present upon reboot.  Updating the drivers through Device Manager works, but again, upon reboot, the VGA driver is still present.  Manually adding the driver location or choosing a driver from a list of installed drivers works, but upon reboot, VGA driver is still present.  Updating through the Intel auto detect utility also completes successfully, but again, the VGA driver is still there on reboot.

The user account in question is an admin account.  No group policies are preventing anything to my knowledge.  Could not see any BIOS settings pertaining to the Intel display adapter.  The only other thing I can think of is that the image deployed to the machine is somehow faulty.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users