Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Error: Code 1224

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rswilco

rswilco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

I get this error code with the following message:-

"The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open"

It happens only when i am using a particular program and after I have entered data I try to close and save.

All the data that I have just entered is lost.

I have been using this program happily for years and this has only just started to occur.

The software provider suggested it could be an anti-virus or firewall issue but I haven't made any changes there

unless it has been automatically updated?

I have a Windows 7 OS - and it has been operating /responding very slowly of late.

Any suggestions where to look for the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:25 AM

Hello there, Welcome to Bleeping Computer...

It seems your security settings on a specific program are not proper... in other words, it would help to "take ownership" as it is called on the specific program.

Please find the specific file/folder of the program you are trying to run... C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86). Once you find it, please follow this tutorial.

Let me know how this goes, please. :)

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

Other posibilities for this error are

Having more than one instance of a program running..check that isnt the case,and if it is close it and reboot

AVG Antivirus will cause this error sometomes...if your using AVG add the program to the AVG scan exeptions list

Locked dll files will cause this issue...find the locked file and delete i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users