Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to run Dragonframe program with Windows Vista Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MacDell

MacDell

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

Hi there

I am one level up from a complete computer illiterate i.e. I can very happily get by but as soon as I have to look under the metaphorical bonnet I am a tad bamboozled.

So, to begin.

I have a Dell laptop running Windows Vista.  The hard drive was replaced by a techie a few years back when the last one died.  I am trying to run the trial version of the animation software Dragonframe.  It requires that I have an Open GL 2.1 graphics card.  I am told that my graphics card is out of date but have no idea how to upgrade.  When I run the advised Intel Driver Upgrade Advisor it cannot find any to upgrade although Dragonframe detected that I was running Intel 2.1.0 Build 8.15.10.1968.  I would download a graphics card with open gl 2.1 if I knew how.  I apologise in advance for my lack of savvy.

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

You can't download a video card you have to buy one and replace hardware just like how your hard drive was that is of cores if its even possible, on most laptops its not, best you can do is mess with drivers, you might be able to get a emulator or warper of some kind that can let you still play on older hardware though.

This place had a good collection of drivers

https://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocard-drivers.html

Btw whats the model number of your laptop, should be a sticker or some numbers on it somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users