Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Boot manager / Error 0xc00000e9

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brutus_366

Brutus_366

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

Hi guys, I came here as a last resort because idk what else to do at this point.

It all started when I was on YouTube and I had multiple tabs open so I guess it slowed down my computer, 2 minutes later I was trying to close the browser because the lag was getting annoying, but I couldn't and my pc froze and no I didn't have a lot of patients so I manually shut down my pc and when I opened it it brings me to Windows Error Recovery and I press Start windows Normally like I usually do, but when it was loading this error popped up

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

And no I didn't have anything plugged in my laptop other then my ear buds and that's it. I'm not sure if it's a faulty cd rom because I disabled it in the BIOS and still the same error..I don't know if it's a virus or hopefully my Hard drive isn't failing. Plz if u have any advice let me know, I need my pc fixed soon.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brutus_366

Brutus_366
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

Also my pc is always usually fast and rarely crashes so I don't think it could be a failing hard drive, like this just came out of nowhere so sudden I didn't expect it at all..

#3 CrushImages

CrushImages

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hello! What version of windows are you using?

Bad news is that your hard drive could be failing.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

FWIW:  Input/output errors can also be caused by loose or failing cables/connections...which, IME, may also contribute to a failing hard drive.

I would access the hard drive and remove/reattach the cables.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#5 Brutus_366

Brutus_366
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

Hello! What version of windows are you using?

Bad news is that your hard drive could be failing.

:( I'm using Windows 7 64bit

#6 Brutus_366

Brutus_366
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:49 PM

FWIW:  Input/output errors can also be caused by loose or failing cables/connections...which, IME, may also contribute to a failing hard drive.

I would access the hard drive and remove/reattach the cables.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

What if I don't have an avaliable screw driver to open my pc to check if the hard drive cables are bad? Is there a way to run the program on a bootable usb or..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users