Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video/audio errors after skype crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scryptex

scryptex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hey,

Some days ago someone called me on skype. I declined it but my Skype froze and i had to shut it down.

after that was happend i wanted to play some music on youtube but every video that i clicked didnt work.

Our internet sometimes fails so i just disconnected wifi and reconnected but nothing changed.

Until now nothing has changed every video, either youtube or whatever videoplayer gives me errors.

For youtube videos its that it keeps loading and eventually it will say an error occured try again later.

for other videoplayers it is that it keeps loading or that it will keep pausing the video.

So i did a speed test to test my wifi speed. Its results were around 25 mbs downloadspeed and around 30 mb uploadspeed,

should be good enough to play some youtube videos.

The other things are that i cant call anyone on skype. It will freeze or call and keep connecting even while the other person has already answered ur call.

They cant hear me and i cant hear them.

For games its also a problem i can play minecraft but World of tanks wil crash after i have pressed play.

Now an other thing i noticed is that i cant play mp3 files anymore with Groove music also my minecraft sounds dont play.

And sounds that play like little messages from windows updates, You know that ping! sound will play but then stop almost immediatly.

I have done some things trying to fix it.

On a forum i read that sometimes the error with skype can be fixed by deleting shared.xml that didnt help anything.

another thing i tried is updating all drivers. I have even reinstalled my network card driver, thought it maybe had a fault or something. but the program(setup wizard) for my network card gave an error.

"Acces violation at address 77D38E04 in module ntdll.dll, Write of address 0042A521"

I dont know if it has anything to do with this while the rest of the internet thing run fine.

I have run Malwarebytes which found a couple of malware things like a registerkey and pup.optional.driveragent files.

Also i have used avg protection to scan my desktop but it found nothing.

avg pc tune up didnt want to start up at first so i deleted it an reinstalled it and ran it.

It gave some faults and i cleaned them up but it didnt help.

I have deleted chrome and tried other browsers to play videos but also no effect.

and here i am, a little bit helpless I dont really know what it could be and how to fix it.

Does anyone have an idea ? or solution ?

thanks in advance :) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

If they give you a clean bill of health, then post back here and I'll suggest generating some reports for us to look at (depending on the results from the Am I Infected experts).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users