Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I turn off the account key login for my yahoo?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

How can I turn off the account key login with My Yahoo that requires a code to be sent to a phone? I want to revert to just using my password again. If not, send it to my Gmail address? I've tried turning it off but when I go to Security in Account Management I get caught in an infinite loop. When I click on Manage, it asks me to login with a code sent to my phone. When I do and click on Manage again, it goes back to sending me another text to login again, etc.

I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me how to turn off the account key without going around in circles. Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:05 AM

Scroll down to You Want To Turn Off Account Key .

Louis

#3 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:14 AM

The link you supplied is the exact page where I had the problem. Clicking on the You Want to Turn Off Account Key brings me to the instruction to click on the link to go to my account page. As soon as I click on Account Security, I'm brought to the screen asking if I have access to my phone so they can send a key. Upon receiving and entering the key from the text, I'm brought to the same account screen again where clicking on Account Security brings me yet again to the screen asking if I have access to my phone, and on and on. 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

Sounds like you need to contact Yahoo website support.

Louis

#5 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

Yes, sadly enough, I've got a case number from Yahoo. I contacted them and they sent a robot message saying someone will get back to me someday. All I want to do is revert to using my password to login again. Yahoo gets hacked and they make us all suffer for it. I have to login 2 or 3 times per day. No reason for it. Used to be you could login for 2 weeks at a time, but no more. Now I need my laptop AND my phone to login. They tell you too that if you don't have access to your phone, you're out of luck. Thanks for trying anyway. I appreciate it. 

#6 angelageorge

angelageorge

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:28 AM

Hi !!!

I can help you with the answer. Follow the steps to turn off your account key feature:

1)Sign in your account with login id and password.

2)Go to Yahoo account info page.

3)Click Manage button and then disable the account key feature.

I hope these steps worked to overcome your problems and if you still face problem then you can refer to the link:

http://blog.bizbilla.com/yahooemailsolution/user/show/8352/if-you-re-not-receiving-yahoo-email-what-to-do

#7 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:55 AM

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, if you see my response to Louis' post above, he has also suggested the steps 1 through 3 that you have but, as I mentioned to him, when I click on 'Manage My Account', I'm brought right back to the screen asking if I have access to my phone so I can receive another key, and on and on endlessly. Contact with support was no help. Getting shuffled off to different people who ask the same questions and recommend the same solutions with the same outcomes ensnared me in another infinite loop as well.

So, I resigned myself to having to put up with doing it using my phone after looking for other home pages with as much customization available as My Yahoo, but I couldn't find one that offers light print on a black background (a must for me because of my eyes' sensitivity to bright light) instead of the other way around, as well as news, sports, weather, and mail modules, etc. Yahoo can be exasperating but it's still my favorite.  Thanks again. 

#8 Cypher281

Cypher281

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Ok. Finally got registered. It is possible I have arrived too late to help you, but perhaps this will help the next person.

Change your browser! I had the same issues as you while using torch. I switched to internet explorer and was able to disable the account feature.

Best of luck.

#9 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

First of all, thanks for your response.However, when the 'experts' at Yahoo sat on the problem for a week, only to come back and tell me there was nothing they could do and to submit my problem to a forum, that was the last straw. Seems to me the self proclaimed experts should never have admitted defeat and should have been able to solve a problem they created. By the way, I did switch to Chrome but still no luck with Yahoo. So, I have said goodbye to Yahoo and its never ending login. I really miss the real time scoreboard. Yahoo got hacked, so they've made sure they pass the inconvenience down to the consumer by making you login at least twice a day and, in my case, every 5 minutes. (No exaggeration). My home page is now iGoogle Portal. It's not nearly as flexible and customizable as Yahoo but I've only had to sign in once.

I have kept Chrome over Firefox, with its new version weekly that makes your favorite add-ons, Firefox's claim to fame, obsolete and unusable

Thanks again for trying though. 

#10 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Update: I always fall victim to curiosity. I kept thinking about the fact that Internet Explorer worked for Cypher281 and I had to try it. It worked! It didn't on Chrome. I was able to defeat the account feature using IE and then went back and made it my home page in Chrome. Now I'm back to logging in with just my Yahoo password and the login has held for 2 hours, a milestone. Thanks once again Cypher281. Got my real time scoreboard back. 

#11 mollyandbob

mollyandbob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

How can I turn off the account key login with My Yahoo that requires a code to be sent to a phone? I want to revert to just using my password again. If not, send it to my Gmail address? I've tried turning it off but when I go to Security in Account Management I get caught in an infinite loop. When I click on Manage, it asks me to login with a code sent to my phone. When I do and click on Manage again, it goes back to sending me another text to login again, etc.

I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me how to turn off the account key without going around in circles. Thanks. 

#12 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Try again. All I see is my own quote. 

#13 mollyandbob

mollyandbob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

#14 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

One of us is doing something wrong. I see my quote but nothing from you. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users