Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W10 Random Reboots during gaming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 myrox

myrox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:20 PM

Hey, i got the following problem when i play games like GTA5 or Tower Unite my Computer crashes after a while and restarts automaticly without a blue screen(not determinable it's random, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 60)

It works fine with games like League of Legends or Paladins for some reason, i think it might be, because they don't need so many resources? No Clue...

Specs:

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

Intel Core I7 -2600k

Nvidia Gefore GTX 970 PNY 

8GB DDR3 Ram

The GPU is 1 year the rest of the hardware is over 3 years old

I used memtest86 and tested my Ram it didn't find any errors.

I replaced my hdd with 2 ssd's (the computer crashed aswell with the hdd before)

I applied thermalpaste on the cpu cooler again cos i thought it might be a heat issue (looked into it and while under heavy load the cpu gets up 85°C and the gpu around 80°C which is okay from what i read online.)

I tried driver verifier and got to a bluescreen where it just gave me the error message "driver_verifier_detected_violation" but nothing else. After i disabled it with verifier /reset i checked the dump file and saw that it told me that bitdefender might be the issue so i uninstalled, did the whole procedure again and got told that Adguard might be the issue which i don't believe it is. But it tells me this with Bluescreen Viewer:

Crash Adress: ntoskrnl.exe+14cc20

I've been having this problem for a while and it's driving me nuts cos i can't play games anymore.

I attached 

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip  perfmon.zip

Attached Files

Edited by myrox, 05 December 2016 - 11:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:12 AM

80 to 85ºC is too hot.  It likely won't cause immediate damage, but it will shorten the lifespan of the CPU/GPU.

I would check:

- the amount of thermal paste (too much is just as bad as too little).  The extra can spill over and damage the CPU and/or motherboard.

- the seating of the CPU cooler on the CPU (tight enough to seat firmly, but not so tight that it warps things).

- the cleanliness of the CPU cooler (free of dirt, dust, hairballs, etc)

- the cooler fan (free of dust, blowing into the cooler)

- the environment (that the system isn't blowing hot air into the cooler fan

Beyond that, I'd look into overclockers forums for more advice on fixing overheating problems.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F8) dates from 2012.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

i have to wonder why you haven't updated your copy of W10 to the 1511 (Fall Update/build 10586) or 1607 (Anniversary Update/build 14393)  updates yet?

Any particular reason?

I haven't analyzed a system with the original RTM version of W10 (build 10240) in a long time.  As such, I'm unfamiliar with the number of updates that it usually has.

Your system has only 10 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  I would imagine that most build 10240 (original release) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.

You have a Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost certain to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest W7/8/8.1/10 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

This device is disabled in Device Manager:

Microsoft GS Wavetable Synthesizer    SWD\MMDEVAPI\MICROSOFTGSWAVETABLESYNTH    This device is disabled.

Did you deliberately disable it?  If so, why did you disable it?
Please enable it and ensure that they system is fully updated (through Windows Update) before trying to disable it again.
As I am not familiar with it's function, I would suggest not disabling it - but that's your choice.

The WER section of the MSINFO32 report shows the BSOD's involving BitDefender and AdGuard.

Driver Verifier is a tool to use when you're already having BSOD's.  Using it when you're not having BSOD's may cause driver failures that you may not see in normal use.

Did you experience BSOD's after removing BitDefender?  If so, then I'd trust the identification of AdGuard as being at fault.
If you didn't have BSOD's, then I'd be more cautious as there may/may not be a problem with AdGuard.

Please uninstall AdGuard temporarily.  You can easily reinstall it once we're finished testing.

Then, if the BSOD's continue (with BitDefender and AdGuard uninstalled), you can run Driver Verifier again to see what it blames.

We continue with this until we reach the root cause of the problem.

I suspect that we are near the root cause, as the only 3rd party driver listed in the last memory dump is the one for AdGuard.
I suspect that uninstalling AdGuard will either fix the BSOD's, or it will have us look elsewhere (hardware or compatibility issues) - but we have to wait for another BSOD to figure out where to go.

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Mon Dec  5 22:21:36.308 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\120616-4390-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 10240.16384.amd64fre.th1.150709-1700
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:02.024
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for adgnetworkwfpdrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for adgnetworkwfpdrv.sys
Probably caused by :adgnetworkwfpdrv.sys ( adgnetworkwfpdrv+6176 )
BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff8016c176176, 0, 51544c46}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000002000, Code Integrity Issue: The caller specified an executable pool type. (Expected: NonPagedPoolNx)
Arg2: fffff8016c176176, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Pool Type.
Arg4: 0000000051544c46, Pool Tag (if provided).
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc4_2000
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_2000_VRF_adgnetworkwfpdrv!unknown_function
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Mon Dec  5 22:07:57.698 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\120616-4375-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:02.416
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdfwfpf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfwfpf.sys
Probably caused by :bdfwfpf.sys ( bdfwfpf+1203 )
BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff80161861203, 0, 57464442}
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000002000, Code Integrity Issue: The caller specified an executable pool type. (Expected: NonPagedPoolNx)
Arg2: fffff80161861203, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg4: 0000000057464442, Pool Tag (if provided).
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_2000_VRF_bdfwfpf!unknown_function
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Mon Dec  5 22:03:25.241 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\120616-4359-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:03.117
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfwfpf.sys
BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff801d3791203, 0, 57464442}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff801d3791203, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
**************************Mon Dec  5 21:57:23.433 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\120616-4578-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:02.152
BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff800cbd71203, 0, 57464442}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff800cbd71203, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Mon Dec  5 22:21:36.308 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
adgnetworkwfpdrv.sys        Mon Oct  3 13:09:04 2016 (57F290B0)
**************************Mon Dec  5 22:07:57.698 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
trufos.sys                  Fri Feb  5 13:10:19 2016 (56B4E58B)
bdfwfpf.sys                 Wed Jun 15 07:17:44 2016 (57613958)
ignis.sys                   Fri Aug  5 09:26:37 2016 (57A4940D)
avc3.sys                    Thu Sep 15 08:37:35 2016 (57DA960F)
gzflt.sys                   Fri Oct 28 05:28:18 2016 (58131A32)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=adgnetworkwfpdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=trufos.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bdfwfpf.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ignis.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avc3.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=gzflt.sys

Edited by usasma, 07 December 2016 - 07:14 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 myrox

myrox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

Hey usasma thanks for replying :)

I've been careful with applying the thermal paste and only applied a slim layer but enough that it covers everything. The CPU Cooler might be an issue and i'm looking into getting a new one, but 80°C degrees shouldn't crash my computer yet right?

I've already checked for more recent bios versions but sadly that's the newest one.

The W10 version wasn't updated yet because it was a clean installation on a new SSD after this post however i updated Windows to the most recent version and it still crashed. After that i did a clean installation of Windows 7 which i'm currently running completly clean with nothing else than the System and Graphics and Audio drivers installed and it still crashes during games. I've found 1 game in particular, where it always crashes at the same sequence.

So currently no adguard bitguard etc are running but the system still crashes like on Windows 10 i'm sure it's a hardware issue but i don't know which component.

Sadly i don't have the possibility to use a cable to connect to the internet, therefore i have to use an usb wireless adapter.

And on Windows 7 i also don't get any details on whatsover caused the crash. My power supply has 650W which should be enough for the hardware i use. (and is also dust clean)

I might get to replace the GPU soon since i still have warranty on it, but i'm not sure if it's the issue, but since it always crashes during gaming and now at one game always during a certain sequence i'm assuming it might be.

EDIT:

My PSU is LC6650gp3 v2.3 from the reviews i read online could this also be the issue :s

Edited by myrox, 07 December 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

80ºC shouldn't crash the system - but then you have to wonder about the components that don't have sensors on them.
Are they overheating?  Are they getting higher than 80ºC and if so - how much higher?

And, what if the sensor is busted?  The card may be running much hotter than the sensor indicates.

I bring this up because I had this with a brand new PC at work.
We couldn't figure out the problem because the temps were normal - and we didn't discover anything until I accidentally burned myself by touching the video card (2nd degree burns - ouch!)

A 2012 BIOS is old, but it's still from the era when UEFI became mainstream.
My concern here is that the BIOS is no longer being updated - so why is that?

My suspicion is that it's because they no longer wish to invest money in an obsolete (to them) product.

But the question then becomes - are there problems with the BIOS that haven't been addressed (since they stopped updating it)?

There's no clear answers here - but you have to live with this system.  If you continue to try different fixes and none of them work - you have to ask yourself if it's worth pursuing more fixes on the system as it is.

Good luck!

I suspect that this error has, at it's core, a networking problem.  Can you play the game (that causes the crashes) if you're not connected to the network?

As the most likely problem (IME) is the USB wifi adapter, I'd suggest carting the computer to a place that has a wired connection (or using a very long cord).

You only have to do this once, and you can generate the BSOD fairly easily (you stated that one particular game will crash at the same point every time).

If you remove the software for the USB wifi and phsyically remove the USB device from your system before moving the computer - you should be able to test this fairly quickly.

If you can't test that way, then I suggest purchasing a PCIe wifi card that plugs into your motherboard and testing with that.
If possible, purchase it from a shop that will let you return it for your money back if it's not needed.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users