Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onenote won't sync

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NickWagner

NickWagner

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

My Onenote files on my desktop are no longer syncing with Onenote Online. The error says: "OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook. Click here to enter your passoword."

After I enter the password, the error message remains.

I'm using Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013. 

Thanks for your help.

Nick Wagner

Edited by Budapest, 05 December 2016 - 03:37 PM.
Moved from Win10 Discussions ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 baines77

baines77

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

Are you sure your password is correct?  You can verify by trying to sign into your Live account via the web.  If it is, go into credential manager and blow it out and then put your password back in when prompted and see if that gets it going....  

#3 MichaelV702

MichaelV702

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

Are you sure your password is correct?  You can verify by trying to sign into your Live account via the web.  If it is, go into credential manager and blow it out and then put your password back in when prompted and see if that gets it going....  

In addition, if you recently changed your user account from a "Microsoft Account" down to a "Local Account" this would have caused that to happen as it did for me. I work from home using a Windows 10 system and recently my job told me I could not use a MS Account for work so I had to take it down to local I then noticed the same issue that you have.

I simply singed onenote back in then it started syncing again without issue.

#4 baines77

baines77

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

Agreed on local account, def recommend local vs live. Have absolutely seen it effect MS's cloud based services.

#5 JackOlson

JackOlson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fix-issues-when-you-can-t-sync-OneNote-299495ef-66d1-448f-90c1-b785a6968d45

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users