A Little Back story:
I have been a mac user for the past 12 years, but recently decided to switch back to PC after the GPU died in my iMac and Apple screwed out of a Free GPU replacement after missing the recall deadline by one day.
Decided to build my first PC this weekend. From what I can tell everything seems to be working okay. The mother board, cpu, fans, gpu, they all power up. I'm able to access the bios with no problem.
The first problem was trying to create a boot-able Win10 usb on my mac. My household is all Apple. And every method I tried for create a Win boot usb failed. The new computer didn't recognize an operate system at all on the flash drive. I was finally able to get a working Win10 usb flash drive by tricking Mac's "Bootcamp Assistant" into creating an image and loading it onto my flash drive. Of course, I have no real way of testing this because I don't have another PC to test it on.
Now my computer will sees that there is an OS on the flash drive (at least I think it does). It immediately boots to the black screen with the blinking cursor and never leaves. I've left it on for hours in hopes that maybe Win10 was loading in the background, but nope.
Things I have Tried:
- Removing the hard drives
- Changing the sata cables on hard drive
- moving sata cables over to different sata ports
- installing older OS's to flash drive (windows 7, windows 8)
- changing the boot order to ensure that it was booting from the USB first
Here are the specs for my computer:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 15M Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80671I76800K Desktop Processor
- MotherBoard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Memory:CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Memory Kit Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm (CW-9060025-WW)
- Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
- Power Supply: CORSAIR RM750X
- Hard Drive 1: Samsung EVO 850
- Hard Drive 2: TOSHIBA P300 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA