Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

There might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OMGBadWifi

OMGBadWifi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

Hello all, I've been having some issues with my wifi recently that have been driving me up the wall. It started out with an error message for my wifi that, when troubleshot, came up with the error in my title as well as "There might be a problem with the driver for the wifi 2 adapter." It also shows the wifi signal at full strength, with the words "No internet, secured." I know the wifi itself isn't the problem because my phone and PS4 still connect just fine. The drivers for my adapters are updated and I've even bought a new adapter, only to get the same problem. I've done everything I could on the Microsoft help site (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues) and I honestly can't think of anything else. Can someone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:15 PM

Your phone, PS4, and your computer wifi adapters all use different drivers.  If you are having problems with the computer wifi adapter you try uninstallinstalling its driver and reinstall a fresh one.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users