Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU PLL

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bekka2016

bekka2016

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:28 AM

Good day.

I read that high CPU PLL advised not to, especially not advise to put something higher than 1.6 volts .. but it is standard there somehow 1.8 volts. This Range from 1.2 to 2.2 ... put above 1.85 is also no tips for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge. Hence the question, what it is and there will be enough value 1,6v provided that everything else is set up as follows:

CPU PLL 1.6v
PCH Core 1.05v
VCCIO 1.05v
CPU Core 1.08v
Clock Rate:
CPU 4000 Mhz
MEM 1600 Mhz

Generally, any minimums for Ivy Bridge? I have read that it is an over CPU PLL voltage during overclocking, but how far? Elsewhere I read that CPU PLL is powered clock which clocks BLCK, but there is clearly 100 MHz.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

K well befor we can talk about overclocking with out braking things we need to 100% know what your cpu is and mobo plz as well as what kind of heat sink you have and bios version ^^

you can use something like CPUz for finding out what it is 100% , btw keep in mind imho 90% of overclocking is reserch not changing bios settings and imho only do changes from the bios not OC apps from a desktop.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

edit: sorry just saw your link, my bad ..that your 100% your cpu/mobo setup ?

Edited by shadow_647, 05 December 2016 - 08:06 AM.

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:11 AM

max v-core seems to be 1.3v if your cpu is a intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 max temp 71c

#4 bekka2016

bekka2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

K well befor we can talk about overclocking with out braking things we need to 100% know what your cpu is and mobo plz as well as what kind of heat sink you have and bios version ^^

you can use something like CPUz for finding out what it is 100% , btw keep in mind imho 90% of overclocking is reserch not changing bios settings and imho only do changes from the bios not OC apps from a desktop.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

edit: sorry just saw your link, my bad ..that your 100% your cpu/mobo setup ?

My system administrator has given it such settings.

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

My self i don't mess with that topic "pll voltage" when overclocking or most of the advanced settings, imho messing with that topic from my research is just for extreme overclocking for people that want to hit that last 2% of speed.

Just not worth it.

Id just stick with FSB, multiplier and Vcore voltage and watch your heat when testing your setup under full load.

My self just doing that on my main box i went from 2500mgz~all most 4000mgz on a E5200 core 2 dual, temp never passes 50C "water cooled" max vcore allowed.

Anyways this is your cpu

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20E5-2603%20v2.html

stay with in the limit of what it was made for and you should be ok as long as it doesn't over heat.

My system administrator has given it such settings.

O_o ?

#6 bekka2016

bekka2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

O_o ?

Messed topic. Submit Reply. Excuse me.
Thanks for the info.