Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Stream Stutter

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Commie

Commie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

I was not sure on exactly which section to post this in but as I am running Windows 10, this seems like the place to start. Please direct me elsewhere if you think it is better suited for my issue.

Possibly the most curious issue I have run into in my days...

I have both the Asus ROG PG348Q running 3440x1440p via DisplayPort and a 1080p Sony TV (can find model number if need be but I doubt it matters here) via HDMI connected to my PC. When I am watching any streaming video on the TV (still via the PC), be it Netflix, Hulu or anything else over the internet, and my monitor is turned off, the video stutters every few seconds. With the monitor turned on, this never happens. It is also never an issue with video content directly from any of my hard drives. 

This is the first monitor I have ever used with DisplayPort so I am not sure if there are any special settings that need to be tweaked or anything like that but I do have all drivers up to date as well as Windows Update. 

Any insight would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users