Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Black screen with movable cursor ONLY

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Brutus_366

Brutus_366

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

Idk what happened but my computer was working fine after I was watching a movie on it and the next day I wake up this random issue occurs where windows would start up completely normal but right before it brings you to the screen you login it gives a black screen with only a movable cursor..I usually fix the computers in the house and I tried everything

Update: okay I did some memory diagnostics, but after restart the pc doesn't even boot up anymore, after the dell logo screen loads up the pc just stays on a black screen with a little blinking bar on the top left and no I can't access anything other then bios menu or the computer starts making this loud beeping sound if I click anything else..I'm using a latitude D830 windows 7 32 bit I believe, this is one of my old laptops I was using to try to help my better one cuZ it broke too and it has that 0x00000xe9 unexpected I/O error has occurred and I haven't found a solution :(

Edited by hamluis, 05 December 2016 - 09:26 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

you know the beeping sound it to let people know what the problem is, don't know what to say besides that.

Doing a serch on the net for beep codes might help some.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

How many beeps are you getting?

Please post the type of beeps you are hearing.  Ex: 1 beep followed by 2 beeps...

Below are the beep codes.

beep%20codes_zpsslg4wpbo.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Brutus_366

Brutus_366
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:47 PM

It's not exactly on how many beeps, you know wen your computer crashes and you just randomly click on the keyboard and you hear that beep sound ?
It only happens when I spam on the keyboard but idk what to do to fix my pc and I don't have a recovery disk

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

Can you get in to the bios on that thing ?

#6 Brutus_366

Brutus_366
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:53 PM

Can you get in to the bios on that thing ?

Yes

#7 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

You try booting it off a live boot disk ?

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

https://www.linuxmint.com/

Kind of smelling like a dead HDD or Os install, btw you might have to change bios settings to boot off a dvd/cd.

#8 Brutus_366

Brutus_366
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

You try booting it off a live boot disk ?
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

https://www.linuxmint.com/

Kind of smelling like a dead HDD or Os install, btw you might have to change bios settings to boot off a dvd/cd.

Is it possible for me to boot off a USB? I don't have any avaliable disks right now 😢

#9 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

http://www.isotousb.com/

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

Please download SeaTool for DOS to your desktop.  This will make it easy to find the ISO file.

When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button.

This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD or DVD in order to create a bootable disc which can be used to run the diagnostic tests.

To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD use the instructions below.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.

If the disc is recognized you should receive a message instructing you to press any key to continue to boot from the disc.

Please note:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Please run the short test and include the results in your next post in this topic.

Edited by dc3, 08 December 2016 - 08:14 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

Is it possible for me to boot off a USB? I don't have any avaliable disks right now

Fail lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users