Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Stream Mp3 From Computer To Home Theater Receiver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpotter

cpotter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

I'm trying to build my 1st home theater room. I was considering the Yamaha RX-N600 recevier as it is a network recevier and has a LAN port to link to a computer. By the suggestion of others, I think I am going to look at other receivers in the $500 to $600 price range. While this will ultimately yield a better receiver, I will loose the LAN port on the receiver. With that said, what is the best way to get MP3 files from my computer to the receiver. It would also be nice to be able to control the music and audio components via a PDA. I have looked at the NetRemote software from Promixis.

My main question is what hardware/software do I need to accomplish this. My current equipment:

Self built PC running Windows XP SP2
Netgear Wireless Router 108 Mbps (WGT624 v2)
HP iPAQ 1945

I do not yet have bluetooth enabled on the iPAQ. I will need a card to accomplish this.

The wireless router is currently set up in my office. So, I would need to be able to connect the receiver to the computer wirelessly. Alternatively (if price and an easier setup were possible), I could move the router to the Home Theater room and hardwire the receiver to it. I already have a wireless card for the desktop PC, so I could communicate between the PC and router wirelessly.

Thanks in advance for the help. Chad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

I believe youd just need a system that had a type of connection wirelessly, or even a add on for it. The computer doesnt mean to much, like specs... as long as it isnt a Apple II your in good shape there. Hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users