Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PDF Thumbnails Not Showing in Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

PDF thumbnails do not display on my 64-bit Windows 7 computers.  I am using Corel PDF Fusion  to create PDF files and I am reorganizing my thousands of files and seeing a preview of the file is important. 

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

In Windows folder options...view tab..is ''always show icons, never thumbnails'' unticked?

Also seems you are not alone

https://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x8/f/831/t/52352

#3 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

No, it was unchecked.

U trued posting this question in Corel's forum, but was not able to login.  Every time I try to login, I get a msg saying my account doesn't exist and then when I try signing up for a new account, it tells me that my email and user name are already in use.  I've contacted the board administrators and they were supposed to fix it, but obviously have not.

The thread you linked looks more like people complaining about Corel than solving my problem.

Thanks.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Try clearing your thumbnail cache then rebooting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/10797-thumbnail-cache-clear-reset.html

#5 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

I don't think this fix addresses the problem.  I tried the first option and it did not change my thumbnail view.

There is an issue with this.  I found this thread about Adobe Reader thumbnail's issue with 64-bit systems. 

https://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/

I have three laptops, one for work will be replacing an older computer.  All are W7.  The older computer is 32 bit and I have no problem displaying the thumbnail.  I don't know if this is an issue, but I do have the Adobe Creative Suite 4 installed on that computer.  My other two computers are 64 bit and they both have this same problem, thumbnails not displaying the file content.

https://scottiestech.info/2012/10/25/fix-acrobat-pdf-thumbnails-in-windows-7-windows-8-x64/

This user notes the same problem, and states that the Adobe Reader DC will not fix the problem.  He suggests that Adobe just isn't doing anything about the issue for 64 bit machines.

I do NOT have Adobe Reader installed and, as I said, I am using another PDF creation program, Corel Fusion. 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:00 PM

I'm not sure it will help but the Cold Fusion manual mentions thumbnail generation on page 114.

#7 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

Thanks.  I don't have these options in my version.  I'll have to check this out tomorrow.  Thanks.  I'll let you know if I made any progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users