Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anp56

Anp56

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

Hi all.

My name is Les.

Ok i shall try to explain my problems i'm having at the moment.

Firstly, on my desktop i used to be able to right click on the desktop and a menu would appear. Not now, nothing!

Secondly, when I click on the Edge icon, I get the Edge screen appear, then disappear. It takes 2 or 3 attempts to eventually get on the Edge home page.

Thirdly, when I click on a website I keep getting so and so webpage is not responding. This happens a lot.

And last, it is so so slow, ridiculously slow. And I cannot get tiles on my start page.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Les

Edited by Anp56, 04 December 2016 - 08:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

Hello Les, I am so sorry to hear about your current problems. First a few questions,

1. What kind of equipment are you running?

2. What version of Windows 10 are you running? In order to find out you can open up a command prompt (admin) and type in winver.

3. Was your Windows 10 a clean install or an upgrade.

This information will help the good folks here to help you.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Anp56

Anp56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hi Rocky.

Thank you for your reply.

I purchased the tower about 4 years ago with Win 8 pre-loaded. I upgraded to Win 10 through notifications I kept getting.

Windows 10 Version is: 1607 (OS BUILD 14393.447) Hewlett Packard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users