Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

16 camera system, looking to convert signal to HDMI

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 maxell505

maxell505

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

I have a 16 camera system that is connected to a very old Windows XP computer. The computer has one vga cable connected to it which is the monitor. There are also two vga ports on the bottom. I think this is the graphics card. My whole 16 camera system is connected via these two vga cables. I have a black VGA cable which holds the signal for cameras 1-8 and I have a blue cable which holds the signal for cameras 9-16. 

I recently bought an all in one computer that has Windows 10 on it and I would like to move my camera system to it. The all in one computer has an HDMI input port.

Also, after I buy whatever cable I need to move my camera system over, can somebody also recommend camera software that I can use. Preferably some software with a record function.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

That board on the bottom that the camera's connect to is likely a video capture card. It depends on how the cameras are connected to that vga port. Are they connected directly through the plug or do they go through a BNC to vga box first?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 maxell505

maxell505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:15 AM

That board on the bottom that the camera's connect to is likely a video capture card. It depends on how the cameras are connected to that vga port. Are they connected directly through the plug or do they go through a BNC to vga box first?

I have attached a picture of what these cameras are connected to. The picture I have attached only has five BNC cables but mine has 8.
So I have a 8 BNC to VGA cables and another 8 BNC to VGA cable. Both of the male VGAs are connected to that capture card on the old PC.

Attached Files

Edited by maxell505, 09 December 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Ok You can probably use a VGA to HDMI converter. That will depend on the type of capture card in the All in One computer. 

Chad Mockensturm 

#5 maxell505

maxell505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

Ok You can probably use a VGA to HDMI converter. That will depend on the type of capture card in the All in One computer.

Is there any way I can check to make sure it works before I buy the adapter? As in is there anyway I can make sure my all in one computer is compatible.

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:03 PM

Sorry for the delay, I am studying for exams :). Do you know the make and model of the All in one? If not you can also perform the following. 

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.
  • Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.
  • You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    p22004369.gif
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
  • You will see the following prompt:
    p22004371.gif
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    p22004372.gif
  • Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
  • Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

Chad Mockensturm 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users