Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

build 7601 issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sebaspons

sebaspons

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

Hi, I;m new here, and I have a problem with "build 7601. This copy of Windows is not genuine".

My copy IS genuine, and I have the original disk and the activation key. As a mater of fact I've gone through the  REARM dance  3 times already as per the technitian that sold me my computer. Now when I try to rearm again I'm told I reached the limit of REARMS. I've been advised to reinstall windows over itself, but I've heard it may cause problems.

I've also looked for KB 971033 but apparently it's not on the list of updates and is not there.

I've also been told to ignore the message, and also that the computer will stop working in 30 days...... Could somebody throw some light on this problem?  I'm not a very computer savvy, but I'm not a complete an-alphabet  when computers are concerned. I'm runing Win 7 Home edition (unfortunately in Hebrew), and I'll really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance

sebaspons

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

You need to contact Microsoft about activation issues/questions..

Louis

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

I would go back to the tech that sold you the computer.

A genuine key should not need to keep being rearmed.

#4 sebaspons

sebaspons
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:24 AM

Thank you for your answers. First of all the technician who sold me the computer has moved away and I can find him. And second I'm trying to get to the Microsoft representatives in Israel, but they don't answer the Email I send them, and the telephone number I could find is busy all the time. This is why I asked if it was OK to install the OS over itself, and to what risks, if any, would I put my computer. Nevertheless. I'll keep on trying MS support. Are you aware of a way to reset the REARM so I can be covered for the time being?.

Thank you again

sebaspons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users