Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"An unspecified error..." and "This app has been turned off..."

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kadmos1

Kadmos1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

On Friday, I turned Wind Defender for my 8.1 off so I could try to do a System Restore.

1. Several times I did this and I get the "An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)" after the restarted login.

2. My computer isn't letting me turn on Defender even in Services. It will say it "This app has been turned off and is not monitoring your computer".

3. I uninstalled Stopzilla on Thursday/Friday and Reimage on Tues. Those may have an effect.

I get that I may need to do a System Recovery but I don't want to use that option yet. I help I need is for the 1st 2 points. Surely there is some app or reliable downloadable software that can fix this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:28 AM

Are you running another antivirus?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Kadmos1

Kadmos1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

I had to do System Recovery for Lenovo Windows 8.1 computer the other night. The Defender thing still has that message, but I am now running McAfee Multi Access.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

If you have another antivirus other than Windows Defender this will disable the Defender.  So if you had the other antivirus installed when you first notice Defender not being enabled that would explain why.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users