Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wifi Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rschroeder1000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:16 AM

Hello! I am in need of help...

My household wi-fi (I assume) is causing problems. All of my devices whenever I am at home (desktop, laptop, kindle, smart phone) will not connect to specific websites. I cannot get Amazon.com nor the Apple website or App Store to work on any of my devices. At first, I thought it was my device, but when switching from laptop to phone to kindle to desktop, none of them will open the websites. I am confident that it is not my electronic device because I have taken them to various places and the websites work when connected to others wi-fi.

I have tried switching off both the internet modem and the wi-fi box (together and separately) and restarting my devices, but that hasn't changed anything. This has been going on for about a month, with Amazon randomly working for about a day twice during this period.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

1. Is it just some websites or all websites?

2. Do you have any wired connections? If so, do those work?

3. How do the wireless devices not connect? Can they see your wireless network name? Can it connect but not get online? 

4. Have you tried connecting direct to the modem and then resetting it and see if you can get online then?

5. Who is your ISP and what mode modem and router do you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users