Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need assistance to troubleshoot my lg monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorEggz

DoctorEggz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:24 AM

Hello i am looking for some kind soul to help me troubleshoot my monitor which is continously showing pink specks over certain shades/colours, this is most evident on gradients.

i have tested different leads/ports/machines and the problem still exists.

see attached images.   Attached File  pinkspecks2.jpg   49.55KB   1 downloads

Attached File  20161202_194910.jpg   117.45KB   0 downloads

apologies for the quality but i had to use my phone.

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

If you've established that the problem is definitely in the monitor (e.g. does the same thing on another computer, so can't be the video card), then the commonest cause I've seen for symptoms like that is poor contact in the connector(s) of the LVDS cable that carries the signal internally from the monitor's mainboard to the panel.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 DoctorEggz

DoctorEggz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:46 AM

wow thanks for the speed reply and the information.... :thumbup2:

Suspected it was internal yet googling was coming back with nothing but dead/stuck pixels which i was certain it wasnt.

Any thoughts on if this is something i could remedy myself or am i poop out of luck and need a new monitor?

thanks again for the assistance

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

If you're a handy person who is willing to try breaking open a monitor, it's one of the few faults that could feasibly be tackled by a DIYer. But monitors are often tricky to get into without doing some damage if they're the snap-together type, so if you don't feel confident about trying, it would best be done professionally at a repair shop. That usually involves a fee though, to inspect and confirm what it is and repair cost.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 DoctorEggz

DoctorEggz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:12 AM

thanks again for the reply.

Am currently hoping that LG will sort it for me as it knida under warranty (bought from amazon warehouse, they refunded me the money and said i can keep it as it was faulty)

So if lg mend it awesome if not i will be testing my handy skills ;)

Many thanks for helping me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users