Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer build, good or bad?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aisuman

Aisuman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:09 AM

Hello,

So I recently decided to build a new computer and I was wondering if I can get some feedback and also if it would be good for medium gaming(nothing to hardcore because I don't want to push it to much)

GPU: AMD FX-4350

PSU: Corsair 650w

GFX: Nvidia 750TI

Mobo: MSI 970

Ram: PNY 4gb(x2) 1866mhz

Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower

This is the build I'm currently working on, at some point in the future I'll upgrade the processor either to the 8350 or the Zen(even though that will require a new motherboard) when it comes out. I was also thinking about switching from AMD to Intel with the i5 or i7 depending.

Is this a decent build for running most games on mid-high with some settings lowered like shadows and things like that which will require a heavy resource pull from the GPU?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:10 AM

Hello there, :)

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. Hope you learn a lot here.

For medium gaming, the Nvidia 750TI is a bit low on video RAM. I recommend for medium gaming a minimum of 4-5 GB (3 GB bare minimum); however, I suppose if you do lower some GPU settings, it may work out.

I assume you meant CPU here instead of GPU:

"GPU: AMD FX-4350" - No biggie.

If you have tested some on Can You Run It, then you might be in good shape if the tests are good.

#3 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

I would recommend FX-8XXX CPU right now as they are very cheap.

For GPU, AMD RX 460 is much better than outdated GTX 750.

Corsair PSU is what model?

#4 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

For GPU, AMD RX 460 is much better than outdated GTX 750.
Yeah, but this is only a 2 GB model... unless you obtain the 4 GB model, it would be low on effectiveness (about as effective as the GTX 750, but with a faster memory bus and improved caching).

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, but this is only a 2 GB model... unless you obtain the 4 GB model, it would be low on effectiveness

There is more to a video card than VRAM. For one thing, the RX 460 has a different and 2 year newer architecture. In some use cases, the RX 460 performs 50% better than the 750. Additionally, the RX 460 has nearly double the transistors, and better API support (DirectX12 and Vulcan).

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

Without the need to be overtly technical, I did mention above, "but with a faster memory bus and improved caching" for sake of referencing similar things of what you had just said; however, I understand what I said was a bit ambiguous.

#7 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

GPU: AMD FX-4350 weak for the price, low cash ram and only a 4 core the AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core is only $15 more and has 4x time the cash ram, way better over all cpu.

GFX: Nvidia 750TI i can get this card used for $60 still a good card for the price,thinking of getting one my self.

PSU: Corsair 650w should be fine.

Ram: PNY 4gb(x2) 1866mhz should be good.

Mobo: MSI 970 normal PCI slots are a in weird spots but should be ok, bin a wile since i did chip-set research so can't say anything their, chip-set just as important as the CPU.

And agreed with others on the topic of video card ram, that isn't what i look for when im looking at video cards its the bus bit width and over all memory speed.

Btw your missing parts like hard drives, dvd rom, dvd burner and cooling whats up here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users