Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sorry did F-secure scan before reading quietman's post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Herriot7

Herriot7

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

Hi

I am writing regarding this post https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/633240/multiple-problems-on-android/#entry4131762 from quietman.

I want to do online transactions and my bank want me to go through three scans before they will unfreeze my account, so regrettably, before I read the warning in the above post, I did an f-secure-safe scan on both my pc and my android.

I am really sorry about this as I realise it will confuse the helpers and i am deeply sorry for this.

Sorry I keep editing this post

Edited by Herriot7, 02 December 2016 - 10:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

Ok, just wait from now to do what is suggested by the tech that replies.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Herriot7

Herriot7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

Ok, just wait from now to do what is suggested by the tech that replies.

Thank you for your reply. I rely on my computer to do shopping for food as I cannot get out of the house

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

You'll be in good hands with one of our personally trained techs...
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Herriot7

Herriot7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

You'll be in good hands with one of our personally trained techs...

Thank you. Can't wait to get my shopping online again and my banking, especially as christmas is so near.

#6 Herriot7

Herriot7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

Just a quick update, page became unresponsive just now. 

#7 Herriot7

Herriot7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

Sorry I forgot to say that on 2nd of December I was getting remote support from f-secure and the following three items were also installed as well as f secure. I got my primary email address hacked and i only found out a week ago last sunday by checking haveibeenpwned.com and on 1st December I gave the hacked email to f-secure.com instead of an alternative email in error. 

I then installed f-secure on android and asked for remote support to help me install it on my pc, but that was before I read quietman's post.

Support-LogMeInRescue
UninstallationTool
F-Secure-Safe-Network-Installer_xxxxxxxxxxxx_ The x's are a series of letters and numbers but I did not want to post them on a public forum in case it risked my security.
I have not made any changes since 2nd december.
Sorry this is so complicated, I just want my computer clean so i can do christmas shopping as I am housebound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users