Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSoD lead to startup / antivirus install errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigmoist

bigmoist

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

Hi everyone,
I run Windows 7 professional

Recently I installed a driver package for my dual shock three controller.

After a BSoD while running Dark Souls 3 on my PC I rebooted and began to get msvcp120.dll errors upon startup, my Norton was unable to run a system scan due to installation errors, and I was unable to connect to the internet. After attempting a Norton utilities system restore the Norton restore file disappeared from the list of available restore files. I attempted a registry cleanup, then rebooted.

No luck.

I received a notification about an issue with a recently installed driver package. I then opened Malwarebytes and started a scan, and Malwarebytes found an issue with something called PC1data, in my haste / frustration I cleaned it and once again rebooted. Now I am unable to boot up my computer and it stays at the BIOs screen, and even then I cannot access the BIOs.

I am hoping I didnt brick my PC.

I powered down the PSU and am thinking of pulling my two hard drives and scanning them in my other PC. How would I go about scanning them and creating logs of exactly what happened? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT 20:48 PST

Just attempted startup twice, passed BIOS and went straight to Windows startup repair. After about thirty seconds both times received BSOD. Attempted startup once more and it got as far as windows startup repair until auto rebooting without BSOD. PSU is off again, will be reading through BSOD section of this site as well.

http://imgur.com/nsvFh2B
http://imgur.com/kYsN0CM

Edited by bigmoist, 02 December 2016 - 12:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users